Volunteer For The Arts
Marion Cultural Alliance Volunteers
Gallery Hosts & volunteers contribute to the gallery’s commitment to high quality experiences and teamwork and must be the kind of people who appreciate high standards of excellence and appreciate the arts.
The Gallery Hosts creates an experience for our gallery guests by welcoming, helping and providing exceptional service, while maintaining a clean, comfortable and inviting environment. This position is responsible for the complete guest experience every Saturday; to include information about the exhibiting artist(s), getting acquainted with gift shop artists to further help customers and basic up keep of the gallery. Previous retail and guest experience, as well as the ability to communicate well is required.
Marion Cultural Alliance was established in 2001 and takes pride in providing a great experience to our customers, members and community. Known for its inaugural effort and first public art project, Horse Fever, our non profit organization has given over $300,000 in grants to our growing arts community. The gallery is just another place where we’re able to showcase Ocala’s talent and continue our mission; to champion, convene and create opportunities for the arts. We’re so happy that YOU are a part of bringing our mission to life, thank you!
Volunteers are a valued resource at Marion Cultural Alliance!
- Become Gallery Hosts to familiarize members and gallery guests with out exhibits and overall mission.
- Assist with gallery management; basic upkeep, event set up and/or breakdown, dusting, and any housekeeping needed to be more welcoming to our guests.
- Gift shop attendant; sales and organization.
- Help hang new exhibits, help with exhibit paperwork.
- Assist office with clerical needs.
- Volunteers may sign up for any number of hours and any days of the year
- Volunteers will attend a brief training session before actively serving as a volunteer.
- Volunteers will wear a Marion Cultural Alliance volunteer badge so guests could identify them.
- It is important that volunteers represent Marion Cultural Alliance and themselves with a professional manner of dress.
- Business casual is generally the most appropriate form
- of attire unless the volunteer is engaged in field, art and other work that can be messy.
- Volunteers may take time off or resign as a Marion Cultural Alliance volunteer at any time.
- Volunteers should communicate if they can’t fill their commitment within 24 hours, so that other arrangements could be made.
- Volunteers will foster the MCA spirit with courteousness to all MCA members and visitors always.
- Volunteers will become familiar with MCA website, membership and rental talking points, when available.
It is the MCA staff’s intent to set good examples for safety practices for all tasks and working conditions. Volunteers will be trained to safely work within their assigned roles. Although every effort will be make to maintain a safe environment, the basic responsibility for health and safety rests with the individual. All volunteers should conduct their work in a safe and healthful manner.
As a volunteer, You are Responsible To:
- Perform your work in safe manner.
- Know your limitations. Do not lift heavier loads than you think are safe for you.
- Know the locations of the first aid kit, fire extinguishers, and evacuation routes.
- Keep work area clean and free from waste and clutter.
- Become familiar with and follow the safety and health protection procedures.
Promptly report injuries and unsafe health incidents, practices or conditions to MCA management.